At Pink Dahlias, we design custom pieces with our client’s budget in mind.
Spectacular flowers set the mood and enhance the overall atmosphere. My job is to help you develop a theme, style, and color palette aimed at maintaining a consistent look from the invitation to the after-party. I take pride in creating special, custom pieces that bring out the personality of your space. I will tailor your wedding flowers just for you, to suit your taste, style and budget. Following your complimentary consultation, I will present you with a detailed proposal. Priced according to size, quantity, style, season and type of flowers.
- It’s important to start thinking about flowers at least six (6) months before the wedding.
- The whole process of selecting your flowers, should be fun and uncomplicated.
- When picking a palette, make sure the flowers will suit your wedding style and colors. Bring a dress fabric swatch when we meet so that I have a good starting point. Pictures of your dresses are helpful too.
- Bring pictures of designs that appeal to you, and a list of flowers that you like / dislike. If flowers are rare, out of season, or exotic, chances are the prices will be higher and blooms more difficult to find.
- Additional pictures of your cake (if doing a cake table), and your ceremony and reception venue also help.
- Consider the season…Marrying in the summer, or in a humid climate?? Go for hardy flowers that won’t wilt, such as Sunflowers, Zinnias, Dahlias, Lilies, and Hydrangeas. Avoid Gardenias, Lily of the Valley, Tulips, and Wild Flowers.
- Timing is everything, especially when it comes to buying red roses. i.e. Marrying around Valentine’s Day?? Expect a significant increase in the price of a single stem.
Floral Checklist (Bring a list of who’s to receive flowers):
- Bouquets – Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower girl
- Boutonnieres – Groom, Groomsmen, Fathers, Grandfathers, Ring bearer, Ushers
- Corsages – Mothers, Grandmothers, Ushers, other honored guests
- Other – Ceremony Decor, Reception & table decor
A few more considerations:
- What type of mood do you want to create? Dramatic & Sophisticated? Elegant & Romantic? Casual & Upbeat?
- Do you want the Ceremony & Reception to be similar?
- Will any part of the wedding take place outdoors?
- What will you need in the way of accessories? i.e. chair covers, table linens, etc.
- BUDGET !
Pink Dahlias can provide a wide range of event services, through our trusted business partners.
Big, or small, from planning the entire event, to the simplest of tasks, we are up for the challenge!
- JML Cakes of Greenville – Custom designed cakes
- Sarah Murphy – Event Planning
- Anna Jane Beale – Custom Made Jewelery
Seasonal items must be ordered in advance. Place your orders early so not to be disappointed!
- Easter centerpieces
- Fall / Christmas Outdoor Containers
- Table Arrangements
- Custom gift Baskets
Pink Dahlias is committed to quality and service; my personal commitment to creating long term relationships with my customers.
- Customized corporate gift baskets
- A Small thank you, tailored to clients (Sales rep, Real Estate, etc)
- Standing Orders
- Weekly standing order service allows you to enjoy fresh flowers on a regular basis in your hotel, office, or restaurant.